This is an exciting new post created to strengthen and expand our network of Equality Trust-affiliated groups. As part of our objective of reducing inequality in local areas, this role will seek to develop our network of local groups, by increasing support to existing groups, supporting new groups to form, as well as working strategically with other like-minded organisations at a local level.
We are looking for someone with experience of community/union organising and grassroots campaigning, with the ability to develop a strategic approach to motivate our supporters at a local level.
The Equality Trust is committed to diversity, equality and inclusion in recruitment. We know that organisations with a diverse team perform better for their beneficiaries, and we seek applications from all those qualified to fulfil the role. Our offices are wheelchair accessible, and we can provide reasonable adjustments to enable access to interview for suitable candidates.
- Salary is £30,000 plus 7% employer pension contribution (1% minimum employee contribution).
- The post is for 24 months, with the possibility of an extension.
- This post is full time, 5 days 35 hours per week, based at our London office.
- The Equality Trust supports flexible working and is willing to discuss how working days/hours can be arranged to suit the needs of both The Equality Trust and the post holder.
- Holiday entitlement is 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 1st April, 2019 at 9am.
INTERVIEW DATE: Wednesday 10th April, 2019 (interviews to be held at Resource for London).
Please download the Local Groups Organiser job pack for more details on the role and information on how to apply.