NAWRA (the National Association of Welfare Rights Advisers) is a membership based organisation for advisers and organisations across the UK.
• To challenge, influence and improve welfare rights policy and legislation;
• To promote NAWRA as the national voice of welfare rights advisers.
• To build a strong national network of welfare rights advisers from all sectors;
• To seek to influence government proposals and existing legislation by utilising the expertise of our members;
• To identify and share good practice and to promote anti-discriminatory practice;
• To offer mutual support and provide a forum for discussion;
• To facilitate learning workshops and distribute information;
• To recognise and challenge discriminatory legislation;
• To promote welfare rights issues and encourage effective partnership working.
We decided to become an affiliate organisation so that we could connect with other people working to address the problem of inequality in the UK.