A key part of how we are improving the lives of everyone in the UK, through tackling socio-economic inequality, is through campaigning for change. We would love you to join alongside those involved by taking part or supporting our work in whatever capacity you can.
- As a delivery partner of Citizens for Financial Justice we are raising awareness of, and building civil society capacity to influence the reform of, financing for development.
- We are building the advocacy capacity of our local groups and campaigners in London, and will be bolstering our local groups and speaker networks nationally during 2019.
- We are working with young people, as part of our Young Equality Campaigners project - finding out what they feel isn't being said about inequality and amplifying their voices to bring about change.
- Our Schools Resources work aims to create impactful and effective toolkits for educators, in order to facilitate meaningful discussions about socio-economic inequality in a variety of subjects.
- Our individual manifesto suggests evidence based choices people can make every day that support inequality reduction.
- Our Fair Pay Campaign is shining a spotlight on gross pay disparities evident in the FTSE 100, calling for action to reduce these and see more equitable pay distribution - with a particular focus on the gender pay gap and equal pay.
- Our Ownership Charter calls for greater economic democracy, as the evidence shows that this reduces socio-economic inequality and increases wellbeing.
- Alongside Child Poverty Action Group, we act as the co-secretariat for the All Party Parliamentary Group on Poverty.
- We have produced manifestos to be used in national and local elections, providing evidence based inequality reducing policy suggestions for all political parties.
- In cooperation with Just Fair, we are lobbying for Section 1 of the Equality Act 2010 - known as the Socio-Economic Duty - to be commenced.
- We are a knowledge mobilisation theme lead on the multi-million pound Closing the Gap Network (funded by UKRI) ensuring that research findings on social determinants of inequalities for those diagnosed with severe mental illness reach practitioners.
- We are the UK and European conveners of the Fight Inequality Alliance, which brings together grassroots organisations to tackle inequality internationally.