Banknotes for Women: London mobilisation
On Wednesday 6th November, The Equality Trust and a number of brilliant activists staged a public act of resistance outside some of London's biggest businesses by handing out roses to hundreds of women to mark the fact that many will be effectively "working for free" for the remainder of year.
What you can do
- Raise the issue of gender pay inequality on social media, using the hashtag #EqualPay50
- Write a letter to your local paper (download our report From Pin Money to Fat Cats, Pay Inequality in the FTSE 100 for all the facts and figures you need)
- Organise a meeting in your community or give a presentation to a local group (think about who might be interested in this, such as women’s student, political and trade union groups)
- Arrange a discussion at work or organise a lunchtime meeting with your colleagues - we can provide you with a presentation and speakers notes (if you are in a trade union or staff association, ask for their support to organise this)
- Organise a leafleting session using our fabulous new leaflets either on a high street (particularly good on a Saturday) or by a transport hub (if you want to catch the busy commuter rush hour)
- Signpost people to the advice on progressing equal pay issues provided by our friends at the Fawcett Society
- Use our online calculator to see an estimate of how much income you could potentially lose over the course of your life as a result of the gender pay gap at your company
For more information, to order leaflets, or to get involved email email@example.com.